Saturday, March 27, 2010

Smt.C.Hema, Librarian

Smt.C.Hema M.A.,M.Phil(PHIL),M.L.I.Sc.,M.Phil.,(L.I.Sc),PGDLAN.
Librarian,
Harvey Library,
Madura College,
Madurai – 625 011
One year, I was worked as a Library Assistant at Madura College, under the Librarian Smt. Hema Mam. I would like to share about Her in my blog.
Mam has completed her M.Phil Degree in Library & Information Science as well as in Philosphy. She did her M.A, M.Phil of Philosophy & B.L.I.Sc at Madras University. M.L.I.Sc at Alagappa University & M.Phil in Library & Information Science at Annamalai University, PGDLAN, Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation at Hyderabad Central University.
She is qualified of NET, National Eligibility Test, in both Subjects and qualified of J.R.F in Philosophy. Before completing M.L.I.Sc degree, She has cleared NET exam. In Tamilnadu, only few have cleared this Exam in Library Science.
Immediately after completing her M.L.I.Sc, She has been posted as Librarian at Madura College. The Library has large number of collection of more than 80,000 books. She has initiated & implemented Automation of Library with AutoLib software at Madura College.
She has presented number of papers in state, national, international seminars at colleges & Universities. The few topics are “Education through Multimedia”, “Internet Resources”, “Digital Library for Distance Education”.
She is busy in Philosophy schedules also. She has delivered lectures & She has chaired the session in National Level Philosophy Seminar.
Not only in her subjects, She is interested in Sports, Arts & Crafts etc. She was the State Level & University Player in Badminton.
Her another name is Excellence, whatever she do, whatever she talks, whatever her role, We can find out her excellence & Brilliance. She is my Guide in my profession & in personal too. I used to ask so many suggestions from her; She used to give so many suggestions in her busy schedule.
Her area of interest in Philosophy is Buddhism & in Library & Information Science, Digital Library, Meta Data, Internet, Automation of Library.

No comments: